Inon S 2000 set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry but you are wrong. Acc is only relevant for manual or ea modes. Nothing to do with ttl. Below a screenshot from inon catalog explaining what it is.

View attachment 550136

http://www.deduiker.nl/pdf/INON D-2000 Advanced Manual.pdf
Above is the link to advanced manual, I don’t see how you come up with a special functionality.
As you see in the below picture, "normal" state is magnet in which is meant for the majority of the cams, as most have pre-flash.
View attachment 550137

The magnet is only required to turn off the ACC that by default is on. The ACC has to be left on anytime the camera sends a preflash ttl or not is irrelevant. If you set the magnet to turn off the ACC the pictures get dark as the full power is done at pre-flash. Hopefully this is not the case with the op

The most likely cause of lack of sync is note L RC mode needs to be set to off. Even -2 exposure compensation does nothing to the flash, you need the flash ev to set to -2 which is not what is happening here

I managed to get mine to work for most things. I went with magnets out, STTL, aperature priority. Sometimes depending on what's in the shot (like sand bottom) I get overexposure so I re-aim the strobe or strobes to paint the scene a bit differently with the light. I also look at the pre-shot histogram to kind of plan as best I can for the shot. Works for me. I need to play with it some more but I didn't get as many dives as I'd like on that trip. Buying a house, setting up contractors, and apply for residency really took a lot of time.

I look forward to more experimentation/learning in March or so.

I have a D2000 and TG-5. I have found that using the microscope setting and the strobe on Auto has mostly produced good photos. This is with the magnet out. However, I failed no matter what settings I used to get good photos of wide-angle shots using underwater, aperture etc.

I had lost my magnet but a friend gave me one from his dead D2000. With this in I am getting good results using the underwater setting and Auto on the strobe. I still get good photos using the microscope setting.

When the Inon (S or D) strobe is selected to sTTL the magnet is irrelevant. If you wish to switch between sTTL and Manual on the S/D-2000 strobes you will want the magnet in. This will cancel the preflash the camera emits for the strobes Manual mode.

If you are having no exposure from the strobes, you may have the red eye function selected on for the camera. Turn that off. Stand in front of a mirror and take a picture. If you do not see your strobes firing, you are not in sync with the shutter.

Nem

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom