• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Inon S-2000 vs Backscatter MF-1

Discussion in 'Strobes & Lighting' started by _anak_pulau_, Jul 20, 2021 at 6:25 PM.

1. _anak_pulau_

_anak_pulau_ Registered

Greetings scuba friends!

I'm looking to purchase my first strobe and can't decide which one of these to get. I mostly take close up pictures (not necessarily macro specifically) but worried that I would find myself not having sufficient lighting in say a frame with a shark or ray swimming past.

Is MF-1 legit revolutionary that it is comparable to old school strobes or is it still not quite there yet? Keen to see some non-macro photos taken with either strobes if you're happy to share :)

I do find the MF-1 a bit awkwardly long but do like the fact that it uses 18650 battery, simply because my torch also uses that battery and I already carry a spare of that.

Many thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

2. deeper thoughts

deeper thoughts Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Loved the mf1 but really not strong enough for anything but macro, my opinion

3. _anak_pulau_

_anak_pulau_ Registered

Have you used the INON before?

4. deeper thoughts

deeper thoughts Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    No never always sea and sea