inquiry on moalboal and pescador

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab1412000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi there

me and my friends are heading to moalboal/pescador island on feb 19-22 2011
ive seen a couple of pposts from months back talk about cheap but decent accomodations and dives at 800php/dive.
i know of savedra resort and their dive operations and i do know they are quite good. i have been in touch with them before. however im looking for more options, hopefully something cheaper (dive and rooms) but offering the same kind of quality as savedra divers and their resorts.
any help would be much appreciated.
cheers

bumping this. any help?

Dive with Ocean Safari Philippines(Nelson's Dive shop) and stay at Eve's Lodge(her sister).
Look after the local first.

Dive with Ocean Safari Philippines(Nelson's Dive shop) and stay at Eve's Lodge(her sister).
Look after the local first.

Thanks just got in touch with nelson

My buddy and I want to do a ow course back in 1996 and we thought Philippines would be a good place.
Bought the Lonely Planet Travel guide to Philippines and decided on Moalboal and Nelson. We selected Nelson because he is a local.
Took a public bus from Cebu to Moalboal and then a tricycle to the beach. Talked to the man himself and saw the place at Eve....the rest was history.
Went back there few yrs ago and did the same except no more diving course.
Happy memory.

Another good option is Marcosas and Blue Abyss diving. Was there just last week. Both are very well run operations. My flight landed at 4am and the transfer was there waiting.

Threshers are around the sardine school everyday although I only got to see it on my last dive to Pescador. Just was not in the right place unlike the other dive groups until the last day. Saw one swimming away from the school but there was one among the sardines later that I missed coz I was taking pictures of the tuna hunting.

Mainly wall diving but the reefs are still healthy and some of the corals there are HUGE, especially Tongo and Tuble and Sampaguita. Turtles on every dive but they tend to sit quietly on the reef so look out for them.

If u like Jap food go to oishi in front of Hannah's Place. The tuna sashimi there is heaven. 10 pieces at only 200 pesos.

Rab,
i highly recommend those dive shop:
For local guides and inexpensive dive rate, NELSON'S DIVING SCHOOL(Ocean Safari Philippines)
Contacts: +63 9172767969 / +63 032 474 3023
E-mail add: oceansafariphilippines@hotmail.com
Look for: Mr. Nelson V. Abenido ( owner/ padi owsi )

For Foreign and local guides CEBU DIVE CENTER
Look for: Guillaume "GEOM" Cahn (owner/padi owsi) French owner

For inexpensive stay, Moal Boal Backpacker Lodge.
E-mail add: info@moalboal-backpackerlodge.com

Back
Top Bottom