Insel Air reliability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just checked. When I arrive in Curacao from Miami on the AA flight, there will still be at least 5 Bonaire flights left. 2 on Divi Divi, 1 on EZ Air and 2 on Insel Air. I'll book with the earliest practical one with one of them and if looks dodgy I hope that there will be a place on one of the others. Best that I can do.

By the way, with the dissolution of the so-called Netherlands Antilles in 2011, are flights between Curacao and Bonaire considered international or domestic? If the latter, is checking-in 1 hour before the flight adequate?

By the way, with the dissolution of the so-called Netherlands Antilles in 2011, are flights between Curacao and Bonaire considered international or domestic? If the latter, is checking-in 1 hour before the flight adequate?
They're international. You obviously have to go through security, but also through document (passport) check, I believe even on both sides. At least leaving Curacao definitely had a passport check, I don't remember about leaving Bonaire. Curacao also requires you to pay the airport tax before getting to security, and then there's the immigration forms, but you do those on the plane or at the destination airport. However, the planes are small and boarding only takes a few minutes, so an hour should still be fine, especially since the flight is gonna be delayed anyway :tongue:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom