Installing Low Pressure Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another version of 'silting' the reg is sand that gets between the diaphragm and the diaphragm cover. The fun bit is that this can happen to the reg you are breathing, as breathing in opens a nice pocket there for the sand to fill up. All while the other reg is being filled inside with sand. I took two teaspoons of berry sided sand out of each regulator after a surf exit, one of them with that on the outside of the diaphragm. It is not something that would happen in most places though.

Another version of 'silting' the reg is sand that gets between the diaphragm and the diaphragm cover. The fun bit is that this can happen to the reg you are breathing, as breathing in opens a nice pocket there for the sand to fill up. All while the other reg is being filled inside with sand. I took two teaspoons of berry sided sand out of each regulator after a surf exit, one of them with that on the outside of the diaphragm. It is not something that would happen in most places though.

That's true, a very sandy surf entrance/exit is probably the most likely place for sand to get in a 2nd stage. Especially if the alternate gets dragged through the sand. These kind of dives are usually not associated with technical dives, though. I'm sure there are exceptions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom