Instructor bent after running out of air at 40m

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a big discussion about this article/interview BBC just did, and at first I thought this article was fake news, just from how ridiculous it is, but after reading it more, and looking at the transcripts of the actual interview, I find that it is actually this idiot diver claiming these things, and not the reporter writing it wrong. Here is a full response to the article, and what really happened. Do you guys agree? No way 4 "experienced instructors" all ran out of air at 40m on a regular recreational dive. Read it here- A Response to BBC Article "The Dive That Crushed My Spine" - Art of Scuba Diving

The guy is clearly lying. Him and his buddies did a much deeper dive than 40m, but dont want to admit that to the reporter. Here is a response to that article that is getting a little viral now also. A Response to BBC Article "The Dive That Crushed My Spine" - Art of Scuba Diving
I reposted it on FB just to see the response. I guess a number of other people have too. Btw there has apparently been a few complaints to the bbc from divers.

I reposted it on FB just to see the response. I guess a number of other people have too. Btw there has apparently been a few complaints to the bbc from divers.
You shared the original article, or the response one? Ya I also messaged the BBC editor. No answer lol

You shared the original article, or the response one? Ya I also messaged the BBC editor. No answer lol
Both. I reckon the editor is getting pissed off now. Apparently they have stopped answering the messages but you may get one after the backlog has been cleared :wink:

Both. I reckon the editor is getting pissed off now. Apparently they have stopped answering the messages but you may get one after the backlog has been cleared :wink:
haha good. She clearly had no idea, and was dazzled by his ********. "breathing disparities" PFT. I wish I was giving the interview

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom