Integrated weights w/ back inflate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it just me or are back inflate BC's and integrated weights mutually exclusive? I have been diving a Scuba Pro Knight Hawk for the past 50 dives after retiring my Seaquest BC jacket. Both use integrated weights. The Knight Hawk surely gave me optimum profile and buoyancy during the dive but at the surface was a nightmare. If I inflate the bladder enough to lift more than my chin out of the water I have to constantly fin to keep my face above surface. So, yes back inflate BC's do push your face in the water, for this diver. I'm carrying 2 k in the trim pockets and 4 k in the ditchable pockets. I know, "wear a weight belt". But philosophy aside, with experience I have found that integrated weights are easier on my low back, my upper body is buoyant and my legs negative. It makes sense to weight the parts that float. Any suggestions?

that's weird. i dove my SP Knighthawk for almost 100 dives and only the first few dives did i feel like i was being pushed forward on the surface. try really reclining in your BC, that might help. i would literally be laying on my back...very comfortable :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom