Interest in cannister light parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm considering getting a lathe for my home shop.
Is there an interest in custom made cannister light heads?

I was thinking of turning some delrin to make these.
Aluminum is also an option, but quality plastics are much easier to work.

I can pass it by the wife if I can make it pay for itself.
I'm thinking something like $50-$60 per light head.
I'm more than willing to put together DIY housing kits as well.

So, anyone?

I may be interested in your setup, of course, I would have to see some of your work before I'd be willing to shell out $60. But, if it's a quality product, that has been depth tested, that was available relatively soon, I would be intrested. Also, I would probably be more interested in aluminum.

Let me know,

Chris

Thanks for the reply. I think my buddy is going to go in with me on the deal.
We're getting together tonight for a war session on it. :crafty:
I've got a good area to do the machine work and he's bored...

scubachris82:
I may be interested in your setup, of course, I would have to see some of your work before I'd be willing to shell out $60. But, if it's a quality product, that has been depth tested, that was available relatively soon, I would be intrested. Also, I would probably be more interested in aluminum.

Let me know,

Chris

scubachris82:

Let me know,

Chris
I too would be interested and would prefer aluminum. I've been looking for a good cannister light for a while but can't bring myself to pay what the manufacturers want.

Hi,

I have already done some experiments with Delrin (POM).
My advise: Don't use it! I had only bad experiences. Use aluminium!

Greetings, Michael

I'd be interested in the can itself as well as the head/goodman handle. Aluminum though....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom