Interested in what I was playing with at the beach...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sinbad the Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was in Naples, FL a couple weeks ago. Big chunks of seaweed started coming ashore and there were bunches of little fish hanging around. There was also these cool little critters that sometimes were attached to the seaweed and other times swimming loose.

Unfortunately I didn't have a camera, but here is a description.

They were 1 to 2 inches long and slug like in composition. Tan in color with black spots and fringe trim. It was almost like they had arms and legs as they had little paddles that almost seemed to have fingers. Kinda looked like a slug with 4 hands but no arms that swam on it's back.

TIA for any help, my son thought they were the coolest things he's ever seen/picked up (7 year olds are easily amused) and I'd love to know what they were.

Lot of similarities and the vegetation it is hanging on in your picture looks like what they were hanging out in, coloring is a little light for what I saw though. Are frogfish native to the GoM in SW FL?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom