Interface between Uwatec Smart Pro and Palm Pilot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try here: ftp:\\pakuro.is.sci.toho-u.ac.jp\pub\paladin\

for the Palm translater. You might try WLog as the PC dive logging software as I don't think anything will sync directly to the SmartPro logging software.

MD

MechDiver:
Try here: ftp:\\pakuro.is.sci.toho-u.ac.jp\pub\paladin\\/

for the Palm translater. You might try WLog as the PC dive logging software as I don't think anything will sync directly to the SmartPro logging software.

MD

Thanks, as I was reading, the Paladin soft only works with Aladin Uwatec computers. I tryed to access to the site you posted and I couldn't.

Could you?

Saludos.

FAGK:
I tryed to access to the site you posted and I couldn't.

Could you?

Saludos.

Try this: ftp://pakuro.is.sci.toho-u.ac.jp/pub/paladin/
I don't know how the slashes got turned, but the first version works at home, while the second works from work. Doh.

The latest version I downloaded had provisions for IR and memomouse emulation, so I thought it might work with the newer Uwatec Smart computers.

You might do a yahoo search on "paladin" and see if you can pickup a different link or an http site.

MD

http://www.aquadivelog.org/about.php

I loaded from here today. The download of the ADL and the Travel Trak was straight forward. I don't know if it is so simple to communicate with the Smart Pro, yet. I am getting my Smart Pro this weekend and will be trying it next week and would like to avoid carting a laptop with me.

I loaded it to an old Sony Clie SJ20, don't recall the OS version and I left it at work today. I am not very Palm literate, just getting into this as the Sony was given to me.

Followup - FWIW, The CLIE SJ20 I have has OS 4.1.

Used my new Smart Pro last week. Downloads went very well. Everything worked in a pretty straight forward manner. Was able to download dives during the whole trip.

I have a smart pro and am downloading to a Palm IIIc using Version 3.5 of the Palm OS. The program is called Aqua DiveLog and is free.

The latest version is 0.93 (en) There are a couple of bugs but it works well. Downloads dives quickly and fun to look at. Only down part is re-entering the dive info, location, air, buddies, etc.

BEM:
I have a smart pro and am downloading to a Palm IIIc using Version 3.5 of the Palm OS. The program is called Aqua DiveLog and is free.

The latest version is 0.93 (en) There are a couple of bugs but it works well. Downloads dives quickly and fun to look at. Only down part is re-entering the dive info, location, air, buddies, etc.

BEM,
I note that the version I have is 0.98 (en) 31.03.04. This version uses the last dive as a template, pulling in location, air mix, buddy, etc. All I have to do is change whatever is different (e.g. location or buddy). Perhaps this is a difference in the versions (I have not reviewed the version log at the ADL site.) The user perference section allows you to set how many days the last dive is to be used as a template for a new dive. (I think the default is 35 days.)
Jim

Back
Top Bottom