Interlocal Agreement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could you be a little more specific about what you are looking for. Here in San Diego a diver must be a sworn officer to be on the unit so we fall under the Sheriff's department, we have an SOG. SOG's will give you more flexibility than as SOP. You will need to state how the unit is run and how they are dispatched in order to get you the correct information.

We use an interlocal agreement or memorandom of understanding ( MOU ) to gain services my department does not have. We are a small department and have an MOU with a larger Dept. for use of their EOD Unit and SWAT Teams. Its a legal thing.

What I'm looking for is an Interlocal Agreement or an MOU for one city to the next. I'm trying to purt together a Public Safety Search and Recovery Dive team between the city I am employed by and another city. Some of the specifics may include:
city time and costs
workers comp
and essentially what each city is responsible for to form this team.

Last edited:
If you go under the Sheriff's Department you shouldn't need anything for the team as long as they are in the same jurisdiction. Then it will be between them and who ever and the team is covered. When you start trying to divide up who is responsible for what you are biting off more than you need to chew and going the hard way.

I thought there was a team to cover that area already?

Hi Gary
Been a long time since lunch in Phoenix!
I have an MOU I made up between the county I work for, and two fire districts (in AZ Fire Districts are a separate form of gov't, not to be confused with municipal govt's. There are no "county FD's in AZ)
It is geared towards using FD paramedics to give public health dept immunizations, but covers liability, indemity, and a lot more legalese. It might be a good templete for you to use, can always change the language, and of course add any Idaho state statutes that might be relevant.

When you coming up here so we can have another lunch?

I know every area is different but here in Idaho the Sheriff is responsible for all Search and Rescue operations. Fire/Med is separate and have their own taxing districts but we leave almost all of the high angle rescue work to them as they are much better set up for it.

Back
Top Bottom