Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotty151

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im new to the world of diving and very much hooked.
I have been searching the net and im looking at doing a dive master internship in Koh Toa for 10 weeks (Is Koh Toa a good spot to do an internship). Could you please help me with a few other destinations anywhere is fine i would like to compare what each have to offer.

Thanks in advance

PS: im guessing you have seen hundreds of these threads sorry for the double up im new to all this

Cheers

SE Asia is pretty much set up on the same model IME. What you'll find in Koh Tao can be found in many other countries also- Philippines, Malaysia, Indo etc. If you run through the Going Pro forum you'll find plenty of info on the pros and cons.

Going Pro

I did my divemaster on koa Tao and loved it. it is a small island with a booming dive industry there are over 40 dive shops to choose from some excellent some not so good. shop around don't just sign up with the first one you see off the ferry!! there is plenty to choose from .it is a great little island i still visit regularly. also note rates on accommodation are cheaper in low season and pay by the month as you will get a discount .as with any internship you will only get out of it what you put into it !
best of luck .
JB

Scotty...I know you are pretty new to diving. But did you realize you need OW, AOW, Rescue, EFR and 40 logged dives before you can begin the PADI DM program? And you need 60 dives by the end of the course to get the certification. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom