Interspiro AGA FFM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakid

Reaction score
I presently live in Beautiful Vancouver, British C
I would certainly be interested in purchasing
the Black Non-Positive pressure MKII FFM. However before "investing" into
it, other than buying a regular Regulator, I have a few other questions
regarding its use and finally its purchase.
1) I happen to have a "somewhat" narrow face. Would the mask provide for a
"proper" water tight seal?
2) I have also been told that it is BEST to use a hood with a LATEX seal as
this seems to work better. Any truth to this?
3) What would I need to use as an alternate air source when using the mask?
I am aware that I should carry another regular mask (SAFETY) with me but I
if I am looking to invest in the FFM I also need to know what other
equipment I may need.
4) When sitting at the surface what can I use to preserve air while wearing
the Full Face Mask?
5) I have also heard that when wearing the Full Face Mask with a dry suit
the air being released from the dry suit will "PUSH" your mask away from
your face. Any truth to this?
6) Can I use ANY 1st stage of my choice with the AGA FFM? And if not which is the BEST brand to use with it.
7) How much MORE AIR am I expected to use with it?
8) What have you heard regarding the Ocean Reef Full Face Mask and how does it compare to the AGA Interspiro model?

I know that there are a lot of questions to answer but I absolutely believe that I should be WELL INFORMED, for my safety, before just purchasing this kind of equipment.

Awaiting your replies

Scubakid

Scubakid, somehow I missed this post, so sorry about the delay. You should really contact King Neptune. If you have your account set up not to accept incoming e-mail from this board, you can just email [b]info@scubasource.com[/b].
Here is a LINK to an article about the mask and some comm gear.

From my own limited experience, the OceanReef sucks. A group from my area did an ice dive with them last year, and about half of the mask strap and buckle systems fell apart. It can also be a hard breather. I know a lot of people who are using old AGA positive pressure masks, and they love them, and I am interested in getting one. This leads me to the following questions.

Mario, was the mask you were wearing positive pressure? What are your opinions on PP, non pp.?

Also, is there an AGA distributor here in the US. The guys that I know that have gotten them new ordered them from dyk-brand in Europe, they also sell Poseidon and Sunnto pretty cheap.

I second your opinion regarding the Ocean-Reef...

The Positive Pressure Interspiro Divator II (AGA) is intended for surface supplied applications which is beyond the scope of recreational diving. It would waste an incredible amount of air, if you tried to set it up with a scuba tank. They are also more expensive.

The mask we use as divers are the demand valve ones. These masks are awesome. They have been tested to 1800ft in an unmanned experiment! You can get the non-pos-press Aga in either Gold or Black. They do not come with the hose, so you'll need to order that as well. And if you're really interested in getting some, contact King Neptune! Believe me, he is VERY well connected!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom