Intova 2000 strobe diffuser, tray & fiber optic cable....good news

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaCayZee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am using the Intova 2000 strobe & arm. For any of you that have this, there were some issues;

1. Originally, no diffuser was made for it.......I used several layers of a plastic white grocery bag/rubber band to hold it on, which worked nice. But a diffuser is now available. I purchased mine from Photogearfinder via E-Bay. It is listed as Intova ISS 2000 Underwater Strobe Flash Diffuser. Item # 310228532498. $15.00

2. The tray to attach to your underwater housing and arm of the strobe (came with the strobe) is very simple. Intova has another tray system available now.
It is a dual handle system listed as: Intova BTD Base Tray w/2 Handles f/Lighting Sys Bracket, (single handle version available too)... available from Adoramacamera on E-Bay for $65.00

3. The fiber optic cable needed for the strobe had an issue that was a pain in the posterior, the end going to the strobe was open ended.....no real attachment to hold it onto the sensor of the strobe. Literally had to use tape to hold it to the strobe. That has been corrected. I purchased the (revised version) at Hoodsport Dive, but I'm sure it is available elsewhere. PX-25 (make sure the end going to the strobe is not bare.) ($25.00 +/-)

:yelclap:

Back
Top Bottom