Intova 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver's Wife

Reaction score
Any divers with feedback on this camera?:popcorn:

If you are talking about the 8MB IC-800 by Intova, then I can provide some insight. I purchased one about two months ago. For the price of $140-160, it is a great deal. It isn't a professional camera by a long shot, but if you are just looking for souvenir photos and not professional ones, this will do the trick. Consider it like a snapshot camera that can go way deep under water. It has a built-in filter (unlike the IC-600), but could still use one anyway. For close-up shots, it is great. I have used it to a depth of 130+ feet and the images are great (lionfish look especially colorful). But at any distance, the blue sets in and that is when you need the filter. I got 8GB cards for it and have run video for a large portion of my dive and still had room to spare. It is hard to read the buttons and see the display underwater, but as long as you familiarize yourself with the layout, it'll work fine. Bottom Line: well worth it for a non-professional quality camera. I hope this info helps.

Jim

Thank you, mitchsea and sanjac.
For the price, it sounds like it's worth the investment. We'll get to test it out in Isla starting August 1st.

its a great camera for the price
ive taken great macro shots with this camera. if you go on macro and leave it at autofocus you will be ok.
but just like any other camera, if you go beyond the reach of your flash you will get bluish pictures and the only way to correct this is if you get a strobe. i got myself the intova is2000 strobe and it works great with the intova. i set the camera to antishake when doing reef/fish shots for the faster shutter speed and ive gotten good results

i think in u/w photography having great gear helps a lot and having good technique makes up for even more. that being said i think the ic800 is the best bang for buck as long as you have good photography technique.

Have used this camera for the last 15 dives with intova strobe is 2000 and getting good results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom