Intova Action Video Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
I recently purchased one of these, the price was right and inspection of the unit indicated decent quality. The light is rated supposedly at 640 lumens and it has a wide, smooth, circular pattern that is approximately 120 degree arc and again a burn time alleged at 2 hours.

I have not used it, got in too late for my trip to Cayman but I plan to use it soon enough. I am curious, anyone else with one of these? I am not expecting a whole lot, I just want some supplemental light for close ups with my GoPro Silver 4. I realize as a semi experienced (being generous okay) still "photographer" that this little light is not going to turn night to day or cover the full field of a GoPro all by itself. Supplemental lighting for people faces, up close critters, fill light in swim throughs etc. is my main interest at this point.

I plan to construct a GoPro tray of aluminum bar and mount the Intova Action Light to the side as a handle on the right with the main handle to the left with a ball for an additional light or accessory. For those times the GoPro is going solo as it will spend most of it's time in truth riding shotgun to my FIX90 rig with dual Inon D2000 strobes.

N

My light came in a little late for my most recent trip but here it is. It seems to put out a nice, even, diffuse circle of light that covers most of the GoPro's FOV.

FullSizeRender_zpsliig5uat.jpg

The tray and handle are DIY, the ball is UCLS. I may buy another of these lights. Or just rig another light to the ball, or not. Mostly I intend for the GoPro to ride atop my still camera and just mind to it's business but this rig is for dedicated video.

Me and my old Aqua Video and SVHS camcorder.

IMAG0143_edited.jpg

N

Back
Top Bottom