:( Intova IC-12 camera housing leaking droplets of water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nomro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello ,
I have an Intova IC 12 for more than a year and I'm happy with it as it provides me with the pics I need at a cheap price , also I'm happy with Joe's and Kevin's support.

However , last week I went diving and I noticed the camera was not working well , most of the buttons were not working while diving. I checked the housing and I found a small drop of water inside the housing at the shutter bottom area . The good thing is that after leaving the camera to dry after the dive , all functions were restored. I tried to dive with it again and I found droplets of water for the second time too, causing the camera to hang.

I checked the O-rings etc.... and everything seems in tact without wear signs . I'm suspecting that the shutter button on the housing is leaking for some reason.

Please note that I take good care of the camera and the housing , I rinse it with fresh water after each dive and I store it with the housing opened . Also I apply silicon grease on the O-rings , but not on the buttons that I can't reach.

Could anyone (if possible from Intova) advise what might be the problem and how to solve it?

Thanks
Mohamed El Nomrossy

Hi Nomro,
The IC 12 has an elongated housing shutter button. On the earlyversions, if you pushed on the edge of shutter it could cause the rod to moveunevenly and distort the Oring causing small droplets like you describe. Weplaced additional braces in later models to prevent this. Please email kevin@intova.net and he will fix you up. Itis a warranty repair.

Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Thanks Joe , I will email Kevin !

Hello Joe ,

I have received the replacement housing , thanks a lot , Intova's post-sales support rocks as usual :D:D

Kind Regards
Mohamed El Nomrossy

I am on my thrid IC12, the new one is coming in the mail today I hope. I alway suspected it wasn't the O ring letting in the water. Hopefully the new one I'm getting has the upgraded housing. Kevin and Joe are the best.

Marty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom