Intova IC-12 red filter, best operating depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nomro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All ,
I have just bought an Intova Red Filter for my IC-12 Camera , and as any filter it compensates the Red by a fixed tone filter . The question is what is the best depth range in meters for best quality pics for that filter ?

and do we need to alter the manual white balance option while using the filter ?

What is the best camera settings while using the filter ?

Best Regards
Nomro

Hi nomro,
Any depth below 20 feet is ideal for using a red filter. Also,manual white balancing is not necessary when using a red filter. Settings for camera can vary depending on water conditions but sport mode is a good setting to capture moving subjects (camera uses faster shutter speeds but adequate ambient light has to be present) and when using a red filter please have your flash turned off.
Best Regards,
Joe

thanks you Joe !

Joe
Why do you recommend that the flash be turned off when using the red filter with the IC-12?
Jose

I think the reason is that the flash brings back the lost colors like the red , and in case the filter is on , the pic will appear reddish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom