Intova Nove: Particles and "Fogging" behind torch glass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DENLASCUBA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have had this issue for sometime and want to see if Intova has had other feedback from divers about this issue, and if anyone else has this issue with their Nova series torches. I forget the exact model of my torch but it is one of the older Intova Novas

I have had particles become trapped beneath the glass and unable to remove them with continuous washing, soaking ect. I have also noticed the glass to become "fogged" and no it is not from the change in temp it is like this all the time. I do not see any easy visible way of removing the glass it appears that you would need a specific tool to fit in the slots around the frame which I do not have and have not found anything in my local hardware stores that would fit to remove the glass. image3.jpgIMG_4262.jpgIMG_4266.jpgIMG_4267.jpg

Photos attached.

Hi ScubaLawrence,
Sorry to hear of your trouble. Tovatech is actually a separate company now and emails can be addressed to warranty@tovatech.com. That being said, this is not a common occurrence. The head is well sealed and not designed for disassembly. Taking it apart will void the warranty but if it is outside of warranty period and you really wanted to clean, you can remove the entire head from the body of torch. The head is glued on but can be broken. Again, this will void warranty but can be done.
Best Regards,
Joe Ganahl

ScubaLawrence,

I have sent you a Private Message regarding your Nova.

Thank you,
Joseph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom