Intova Wide Angle Torch burning through battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milbournosphere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I also posted this in the lights forum, but thought it wise to post it here just in case.

I got one of these lights used for a good price to use as a secondary.

I popped in some new batteries, lubricated the o-rings and hopped in the water. My initial impressions were good. The lighting is even, just bright enough for spreading some even lights on the rocks. The size is perfect, the case is solid, and the switch is firm, but not too much so.

However, 8 dives later, the thing is dead. Burned right through a set of brand new Streamlight CR123s in less than six hours of burn time. The advertised life is supposed to be twice that. Has anybody else had issues with these lights chewing through batteries?

That seems a little odd. I dive with both the wide angle and the narrow beam intova lights and get at least 8 hours of burn time with the cr123's. Is there any chance the switch on your light could be defective? I think intova changed the switch mechanism a year or so ago. The older intova lights had a switch that was long and flat, the newer switch is smaller and sticks up much higher. I have to think if they redesigned the switch, there had to be a reason why.

---------- Post added April 23rd, 2013 at 01:36 AM ----------

I just looked at the picture you posted. If that is your actual light, you have one with the old switch. I have to think that the problem is there, but someone on this forum probably knows more about it then I do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom