Introduction and Greets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rafi Acosta

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone, I went to the scuba convention here in West Palm Beach, Florida where I learned about the ScubaBoard. I was certified at The Scuba Club in August of this year(2008) and am already finished with Advanced Open Water. I have logged 21 dives so far. My next course will be Dive Rescue. All these courses I am doing through PADI except for the Nitrox which was through TDISDI. I have an Intova digital camera that I have been taking photographs with since "the pool", as I call it. It's not the greatest camera; it is what it is. I really enjoy sharing my photographs with my friends. Diving is so awesome, I just can't get enough of it! Tomorrow, I am scheduled for a two tank dive. So far, all my dives have been with The Scuba Club. They dive from the Breakers north to the Lake Worth Inlet. Some of my Dives have been to North Double Ledges, the Mizpah, the Amaryllis, and Governors Walk. I really enjoy wrecks the most. Today at the convention I attended a seminar by, Michael Barnette, founder of the Association of Underwater Explorers and author of two books on shipwrecks. The seminar was on shipwreck identification. There is so much to learn and explore. My goals for diving include becoming a scuba instructor. I'm really excited about this board and hope to gain some friends to share and learn from their experiences in diving. I am 43 years of age,married, Christian, a full time on-line student at Liberty University, and founder of X-Streams ministry. I know this is a long introduction, but, this is so cool.

Attachments

• 2 tank 034.jpg
    2 tank 034.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2 tank 002.jpg
    2 tank 002.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 2 tank 048.jpg
    2 tank 048.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 22
  • nick 004.jpg
    nick 004.jpg