Invade Catalina Ideas (2009)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So thats June 5, 6 and 7, right? Hey Dave, Would the GE do a liveaboard for the 3 days? Over Friday am, back Sunday and sleep on board Fri & Sat nights?

Are you setting up any accommodation deals for this trip....may want to contact Christian for some help on this (Headhunter). Also please make a sticky in the Socal forum when all the information has been collected.

Are you setting up any accommodation deals for this trip....may want to contact Christian for some help on this (Headhunter). Also please make a sticky in the Socal forum when all the information has been collected.

Yes, I made arrangements with Seaport Village and will post the details tomorrow. (Just crossing the tees and dotting the I's)

So thats June 5, 6 and 7, right? Hey Dave, Would the GE do a liveaboard for the 3 days? Over Friday am, back Sunday and sleep on board Fri & Sat nights?

Hmmmm, maybe, let me call Tim.

Hmmmm, maybe, let me call Tim.

After thinking about it, that really only works if those on the boat don't want to dive the park on Saturday or Sunday, unless they'd allow some single day diver exchanges.

And we'd have to make sure there would be a 2:15 Am water taxi :D :rofl3:

OK folks, here is what we have so far.

Friday dive on the Great Escape, local shore diving, back in time to take the Catalina Express to Catalina.
Friday night party/dinner on Catalina.
Saturday, diving both on the King Neptue and the Park.
Saturday night diving the park.
Saturday night party/dinner on Catalina.
Sunday, dive the park, go home.

More details to come.

Thoughts?

Is this for sure?
June 5th, 6th, 7th..... right?
hotels? pkg deal with King Neptune? How is this being arranged?

If we can make this, we need some specifics...:D
Any young single guys coming? We may be dragging our 20yr old daughter to introduce her to Calif diving. :D She hasn't been on a dive trip with us in yrs since she says there are never any people her age to hang out with, just us old folks. :wink:

robin:D

I've been off the boards awhile, so this is actually happening the weekend after the show?

I'm a single male diver in my 20s! ha ha, I'm gonna try to drag other younger divers to catalina as well!

Is this for sure?
June 5th, 6th, 7th..... right?
hotels? pkg deal with King Neptune? How is this being arranged?

If we can make this, we need some specifics...:D
Any young single guys coming? We may be dragging our 20yr old daughter to introduce her to Calif diving. :D She hasn't been on a dive trip with us in yrs since she says there are never any people her age to hang out with, just us old folks. :wink:

Yes, it is for sure.
In order to avoid confusion, I will put together all the actual information and make a new thread real soon.

I just need to get the details again, I had them all on my old, now deceased laptop!

I am attending the show on the 30th and then leaving for catalina on the 31st for 5 nights. Trying to get enough people with scuba luv to take a boat dive. Anyone going those days?

I'm single and young at heart!!!

Back
Top Bottom