Invade Monterey, CA (a.k.a. Meet & Greet): Sept 5-7, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I woke up this morning and got all excited about the upcoming weekend! Yeah!!! :D

So, curious - is there any kind of master schedule for the weekend?

I woke up this morning and got all excited about the upcoming weekend! Yeah!!! :D

So, curious - is there any kind of master schedule for the weekend?

I think I've asked this like 4 different times but no ones answered!

Other than dinner on Saturday, no there is no master schedule. If either of you would like to put one together that'd be great, but as far as I know it would look like this.

Schedule:

Friday: arrivals
Saturday: diving off shore and boats
dinner from 6pm - ??? at Gianni's
some night diving
Sunday: departures

Oh, if anyone is going near or can get hold of someone at Gianni's can you see about getting the side room for Saturday night? The few times I've tried to call, they must have been closed as I couldn't get any answer (or message machine :confused:). Of course, I forget to call later in the day :shakehead:. I was estimating we could have 20+ people.

I think I've thrown out these ideas as well but had no (or little response):

-meeting up for dinner on Friday night (perhaps a later dinner, giving most time to arrive and settle in). Perhaps a nicer restraunt, seafood? Of course, only the 'best alternative' seafood though as I'll have my SeafoodWatch Card with me. :wink:

-meet up for breakfast on Sunday morning. Either a local haunt or there is a Denny's a couple blocks from the hotel.

I will be meeting up with some people at the McDonalds on Del Monte Ave at 9:30am before we head over to Monastery if anyone is interested in caravaning over there!

Thanks for throwing that out there Clammy. Hopefully some take you up on meeting you there.

I've got attached a quick PDF that I sent to some of my buddies down here with some quick reference info and addressed. Anyone can feel free to use that if they'd like. The boat information is for those scheduled on the Silver Prince with the Monterey Bay Dive Company!

Attachments

• Monterey Meet and Greet Dive Trip.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 141
Oh, if anyone is going near or can get hold of someone at Gianni's can you see about getting the side room for Saturday night? The few times I've tried to call, they must have been closed as I couldn't get any answer (or message machine :confused:). Of course, I forget to call later in the day :shakehead:. I was estimating we could have 20+ people.

I think I've thrown out these ideas as well but had no (or little response):

-meeting up for dinner on Friday night (perhaps a later dinner, giving most time to arrive and settle in). Perhaps a nicer restraunt, seafood? Of course, only the 'best alternative' seafood though as I'll have my SeafoodWatch Card with me. :wink:

-meet up for breakfast on Sunday morning. Either a local haunt or there is a Denny's a couple blocks from the hotel.

I called Gianni's and reserved the back room for 20 people at 6:00 Sat night. It's under Michelle with ScubaBoard.

I wish I could help more with restaurants but I don't know of many down there. I'd be interested in going to breakfast on Sun morning though. I'll post something on the NorCal board to see if anyone knows of any good restaurants for Fri or Sun.

Thanks so much Michelle! I really appreciate it!

Who is interested in meeting for dinner on Friday night?

Will (Submersible Geek) gave me these recommendations and I'm thinking that Old Fisherman's Wharf sounds perfect!

Old Fisherman's Grotto

For over 55 years, Old Fisherman´s Grotto has been serving great fish, lobster, crab, pasta, chicken, steaks and its famous Original Monterey Style Clam Chowder. It doesn´t really matter where you sit—every table has an ocean view. There´s a full bar and banquet facilities on site, too.

Location 39 Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey
831-375-4604

Cuisine italian
seafood
steakhouse
Meals lunch
dinner
Dress casual
casual upscale
Atmosphere ocean view
Bar full bar
Facility banquet facilities
Best Of
Monterey County® Awards 2008 Best Clam Chowder
2007 Best Chowder
2006 Best Clam Chowder
2005 Best Clam Chowder
2004 Best Clam Chowder

Travelodge will cancel (the special price) any remaining rooms on Wednesday if no one books them. All reserved rooms are safe.

I just made reservations for Friday night 9/5 at 8:45pm at Old Fisherman's Grotto for 14 people.

I've got 8 in my party. If anyone is interested please PM or email me at annmariemccann@att.blackberry.net so that I can update the restaurant as necessary!

Post 100 :wave:

Really, there is a special rate at Travel Lodge, great! I was just about to look for a room.

Back
Top Bottom