Invade Monterey in Sept

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick & Rich-

I am thinking about heading up to Jade Cove on Sunday. I seen in a previous post of Erika's that she mentioned it was like 3 hours from her. That's not to bad of a drive. Rich if you are planning on heading up there on Sunday we can set-up a meet time and scope out the area til Rick shows. I gotta work Fri and Sat night, but definatley will head up on Sunday. Keep in touch!

Sam, like you I am hoping to make the Jade Cove. I could grab my wife's car which probably will fit 4 people and gear. It'll be tight but should work. FYI Google maps claims that the site is 2.5 hours from my home.

Ten years of diving and I've never done any diving up near Monterey, maybe now is the time.I need to check my schedule and see if it will work for me.I hope it works out for me, it sounds like a great time.

Sam, like you I am hoping to make the Jade Cove. I could grab my wife's car which probably will fit 4 people and gear. It'll be tight but should work. FYI Google maps claims that the site is 2.5 hours from my home.

okay still not to bad. make a day out of it. lets see what happens as it gets closer. we'll talk more on thursday night at deer creek if you're still going.

Ten years of diving and I've never done any diving up near Monterey, maybe now is the time.I need to check my schedule and see if it will work for me.I hope it works out for me, it sounds like a great time.

heck ya bro! come and join us. I said the same thing to myself, when will i get a chance to dive up north a bit. if you can't make the whole weekend just hit up jade cove with rich and I. If you can make it to Deer Creek thursday night for the dive we can chat some more there about it.

Last edited:
I'm interested in freediving Jade Cove on Sunday if conditions are nice. I do not want to make 2 trips up the trail carrying all our SCUBA gear back to the truck.

We are also interested in a night dive on Saturday in the Bay, so count me in. I have to work Saturday and we can be in Monterey at 6pm.

Great, it will be good to see you there! I am working out now, on all the mean cliff trails down here, to condition myself:rofl3: In the last week or so we have done Marineland, Malaga Cove, and the weekend before the trip, we will do Cardiac Hill:11:

See you there,
Rick

Let me know what you'd be interested in diving, I'm willing to lead a couple of dives on Saturday or a night dive on either Friday or Saturday.

I'll probably be at Monastery Beach on Saturday morning and Coral Street after the Monastery dive, unless there's greater interest in something else.

California Diving News Dive Sites

Hi dannobee,

That would be great! There are a couple people from up there planning some sites, dinner, and all that, so if everyone can meet at the same places to hang out, it would be perfect. I haven't heard the plan yet, but, I think they are looking for guides and hosts. We are going to do Sat and Sun as a group think, I think. Sat some will be on boats, and some diving. Any planning probably needs to be done in the "Invade Monterey" post in the SoCal board. That way it won't get too confusing, and have everyone spliting up in different directions.

I look forward to meeting you, and can't wait for this trip. It is going to be fun!

Rick

What! We gotta carry our own gear?:wazzup:

Back
Top Bottom