Invest 92L

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wookie

Proud to be a Chaos Muppet
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I think this one will be serious for South Florida. Check your vacation plans and watch the weather. And hope it recurves or fizzles. Note how tight the spaghetti models are.
92L_gefs_latest.png

That could impact us further north also.
I think with the latest guidance about Florence, y'all will have plenty of action net week. We have 2 vessels in Norfolk, and we're starting to quiver a bit.

The Atlantic basin is quite busy right now , from the Caribbean to the Outer banks of North Carolina .
Anyone in the path of any of these storms be safe ! Florence looks frightening but then they all do
when they are barreling down in your direction . Good luck to all in her path .
Sea Dwellers

Disadvantage of being in CT and returning on Monday. Propane gone? Water gone. Bread gone. Only saving grace is our make it easy society. So while 5 stores I checked were out of prefilled propane the nearby grocery store/gas statopm/wine store that actually does refills had gas and could refill my tanks. Although not sure how long that will last it was a pretty constant line of fills.

I have friends in Raleigh. I think you folks will be fine, unless you live in a gully.

I have friends in Raleigh. I think you folks will be fine, unless you live in a gully.

Been through Fran (and Hugo) and a couple of others. Fran was the worst and it had tracks like this one. Problem is we have lots and lots of trees. Raleigh lives in a forest. With Fran we were without power for about 10 days. Problem was that there were multiple trees down in every block and along every road. In many places the power lines were not only knocked out but the poles were also taken down. So the power folks had to get downed trees out of the way and then put up poles and then put up power lines and do that block by block. I am on a hill, as are all the homes in my neighborhood, so not worried directly by floods althoughI go over creeks both ways leaving so if they wash out that could be a nuisance. In my neighborhood (of 512 homes) the lines are underground so it is just getting power to the neighborhood. But we have numerous large trees along all roads and around every lot so I expect it to take a while to get out to the major roads. But everybody has chain saws so hopefully paths will be cut within a few days after the storm. There is a third way out if we cut through a patch of woods to another neighborhood.

It is the sustained rain for a day or so prior to the stronger winds that soaks the ground and brings down a lot of trees especially the pines.

But given the options if we get out of it with no power for a week and trapped in our neighborhood for several days that is a win to me.

Been through Fran (and Hugo) and a couple of others. Fran was the worst and it had tracks like this one. Problem is we have lots and lots of trees. Raleigh lives in a forest. With Fran we were without power for about 10 days. Problem was that there were multiple trees down in every block and along every road. In many places the power lines were not only knocked out but the poles were also taken down. So the power folks had to get downed trees out of the way and then put up poles and then put up power lines and do that block by block. I am on a hill, as are all the homes in my neighborhood, so not worried directly by floods althoughI go over creeks both ways leaving so if they wash out that could be a nuisance. In my neighborhood (of 512 homes) the lines are underground so it is just getting power to the neighborhood. But we have numerous large trees along all roads and around every lot so I expect it to take a while to get out to the major roads. But everybody has chain saws so hopefully paths will be cut within a few days after the storm. There is a third way out if we cut through a patch of woods to another neighborhood.

It is the sustained rain for a day or so prior to the stronger winds that soaks the ground and brings down a lot of trees especially the pines.

But given the options if we get out of it with no power for a week and trapped in our neighborhood for several days that is a win to me.
You got a generator?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom