Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
St.Vincent (SVD) is FINALLY going to be easily accessible. From now until the end of July, Caribbean Airlines has direct flights from JFK in New York. Starting October 25th, 2018, Air Canada Rouge will be flying NON-STOP from YYZ in Toronto. AND starting December 22, 2018 there will be NON-STOP service from MIA in Miami on American Airlines. We'll give any scuba board member a 10% discount on your stay with us AND we can help you arrange any dive trip you like, from shallow easy shore dives to super clear, thriving reefs. St.Vincent is below the hurricane belt and a safer spot than Mexico, Hawaii or the northern islands. Time to find the hidden gems of the Caribbean. Reach out and ask how I can help. These are the BEST reefs I've seen in the Caribbean. The exchange rate is in your favor once your here, so the longer the stay the better it gets. Ask and I can help with chartered live-on-boards and trips to the remote Tobago Keys. Bubbles Up. See you all soon.

Interesting! Always got an eye out for 'hidden gems,' though the follow up question is why they've been hidden.

There are limited Caribbean destinations known as good shore diving destinations; you mention shore diving, but call it shallow and easy. How shallow are we talking about? How extensive are the shore dive offerings? Is this a 'house reef,' or do people go out driving around to various shore likes (like in Bonaire and Curacao)?

Is this Harmony Hall Resort, St. Vincent Trip Advisor page you guys?

I'm intrigued by your mention of 'chartered live-on-boards' and trips to the remote Tobago Keys. I'm used to seeing Caribbean live-aboards (mainly Aggressor Fleet, some Explorer Ventures) with a lot of 'open seating' (you contact them and book your stay on a routinely scheduled trip). When you say 'chartered,' does that mean someone has to charter the whole boat? Can you tell us more about the live-aboard option, including what size boat, etc...?

Richard.

Interesting! Always got an eye out for 'hidden gems,' though the follow up question is why they've been hidden.

There are limited Caribbean destinations known as good shore diving destinations; you mention shore diving, but call it shallow and easy. How shallow are we talking about? How extensive are the shore dive offerings? Is this a 'house reef,' or do people go out driving around to various shore likes (like in Bonaire and Curacao)?

Is this Harmony Hall Resort, St. Vincent Trip Advisor page you guys?

I'm intrigued by your mention of 'chartered live-on-boards' and trips to the remote Tobago Keys. I'm used to seeing Caribbean live-aboards (mainly Aggressor Fleet, some Explorer Ventures) with a lot of 'open seating' (you contact them and book your stay on a routinely scheduled trip). When you say 'chartered,' does that mean someone has to charter the whole boat? Can you tell us more about the live-aboard option, including what size boat, etc...?

Richard.
I have friends with sailing vessels, some are Cats, some are monos. I have my Captains license so it depends on how many people and how many days and which boat as to price. As far as shallow goes, I can show you stuff that is literally in 3 feet of water. Most of the dives are 30 feet or so. Many also don't involve a lot of current. I know people who have put a half a dozen tanks in the car and dove 3 sites 2 times each in a day all from shore. The Tobago Cays are a marine park (Horseshoe reef) and part of our Grenadine islands. Only way there is by boat and the only place to stay is on-board or on a nearby island. The reason we are the "hidden gems" is three fold, first off no advertising. Two, it's always been 2 days travel time, sometimes more due to connections. Thirdly it has a reputation from the high-end resorts and Mustique Island as being very expensive. (look up Palm Island or Pet-tit St.Vincent or the new Mandarin Oriental). All of those things are finally disappearing as flights are now available direct saving hundreds of dollars in transfer taxes and of course the time. YES we are Harmony Hall Resorts, St.Vincent and can be found at http://caribbeanbeachtravel.com. I hope I answered all your questions and if you have any others please feel free to reach out. We're here for you.

WOW! That is great - plus this gives Bequia easier access too. When we went, we had to overnight in Barbados, then back track to St Vincent and then ferry to Bequia. Game Changer!

WOW! That is great - plus this gives Bequia easier access too. When we went, we had to overnight in Barbados, then back track to St Vincent and then ferry to Bequia. Game Changer!

Where did you stay in Bequia and how was the diving? Which dive operation did you use?

We stayed here ... Villa One - Accomodation
We dove with ... Bequia Dive Adventures: Scuba Diving on Bequia

We were pleasantly surprised with how healthy and beautiful the diving was in Bequia; however, we went in 2011 and things can change. After 11 days in Bequia we took the ferry to Union Island, then we hitched a ride and went diving in Carriacou. And then on to Grenada. We flew out of Grenada. It was a great trip and diving in the Tobago Cays was beautiful too. When we rented Octopus Villa, they had an offer to do an overnight sailing trip to dive in the Cays, it was a wonderful trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom