Iq-700 acting up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chugwhump

Contributor
Reaction score
SE Florida, the flattest part, I can see Mount Pom
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello;

I have a Tusa IQ-700 that has gone a little bonkers.

Up to now this unit has been a great product.

This computer has a nice new CR-2032 fresh battery, fully charged according to my volt meter.

It inexplicably is giving me an error code all of a sudden.

When in TIME Mode, there are three little icons that appear to be mountains flashing in the top right corner of the display.

At the bottom half of the display above and left of the word TIME there is the message "Err".

I am also seeing the Err code show up in PLAN mode.

I have tried pushing the reset button on the bottom of the unit and after a brief flash of the date being 1-1, it reverts to the Err code.

Can I reset this thing somehow myself, or does it need to be taken to a Tusa dealer for service?

Thank you.

Chug

Battery removed for 12 hours plus.......see what happens from here.

Hi Charley-
It appears your computer is obviously having an issue, please contact our customer service dept at 800-482-2282 and request and RMA # for your IQ-700. It is recommended to return it to TUSA for evaluation and/or replacement as necessary. You will be asked to include a copy of your original sales receipt from an authorized retailer.

Okies,
Now I just need to find the box and receipt then.
I wonder where that is.
I bought it an an authorized dealer.
I hope they have a record of the sale if I cannot find the box.
Chug

OK,
I guess I ought to post a follow up.
I found the original factory box and the receipt in the garage under the spare bathroom tile supply.
I dropped the Computer off at the LDS where it was purchased 09/07 new a little over a week ago.

They LDS said it would take perhaps 3 weeks to get it to Tusa and then get it back.
The LDS said that they have had no reports of problems with this particular model unit in the past.
I certainly have had no complaints with the computer in the past.
Just doing the waiting game for now.....
Chug

Just curious if you got any resolution to you IQ-700 DC problem from back in Oct. 2009?

OK,
I guess I ought to post a follow up.
I found the original factory box and the receipt in the garage under the spare bathroom tile supply.
I dropped the Computer off at the LDS where it was purchased 09/07 new a little over a week ago.

They LDS said it would take perhaps 3 weeks to get it to Tusa and then get it back.
The LDS said that they have had no reports of problems with this particular model unit in the past.
I certainly have had no complaints with the computer in the past.
Just doing the waiting game for now.....
Chug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom