IQ-700 Temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a way to get a temperature reading without going below 5 feet? My computer has 8 dives on it, dives 1-4 all have different temps for the dive log, dives 5-8 all say 60 deg. So I am looking for an easy way to see if the temperature is reading correctly.

I am also assuming that the log temp is the coldest temp of the dive. I tried replaying a dive to see if the temp ever changes, but it does not show temperature.

The 700 takes about 10-15 minutes before it displays an accurate temperature, especially if you're diving colder water.

:shocked: Wow!

The manual says it has a measurement interval of 1 minute for temperature with an accuracy of +/- 4 Ž°F. It also says that the log temperature is at max depth.

I just noticed the temps because there was no variation in 4 dives, which sounded odd to me. I will talk to my dive buddy to compare todays temperature.

this weekend in Cozumel, the dm said his comp said 78, some guy on the boat had a reading of 79 and mine and my wifes IQ700 showed 80.

so there is some variance there but I dont think it bothers me at all..

As long as it is close I am fine, I just want to make sure it is not somehow stuck at 60F.

Back
Top Bottom