IRIS interface users (Mares or Dacor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The last time I used my IRIS interface, it worked fine. I remember I had to restart my computer a couple of times to get the serial port to recognize. Since then, I have upgraded to a new computer and cannot figure out how to get the IRIS to work.
I upgraded to the new software when I started this process. Iris Support Website
I looked at the Knowledgebase on that website too (not much there).

I am using a computer with Windows 2000 server with plenty of RAM / memory to handle anything! (Of course my laptop doesn't have a serial port either to test it there and I just went to Radio Shack...they wanted $34 for a serial to USB converter!!!)

When do the LED lights come on on the interface, when you turn the computer on? When the serial port is recognized? Only when downloading?

I have never had alignment problems (that I know of), just getting the IRIS interface to be recognized by the computer.
Any suggestions would be helpful!!

only when downloading.
the Iris Interface uses a specialized library you can find also in C:\VXIpnp ( from National Intruments)
Maybe you have other software on your W2K server which is controlling serial ports...

Anyone using a Mac with their IRIS interface? Can't seem to get a software for Mac. Help pls. Thank you

ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom