Irvine area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divegirlFL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hej all!

I know there is probably a right place for this post but this looked close so here goes.

I'll be in Irvine for meetings in December and since hubby has decided he's no longer diving I was hoping to get in the water while out west. He's given me "permission" to dive without him now - LOL - more that he's finally given in to me harping about diving.

Last time I dove CA was in 1992 (it was for O.W. II & I think it was the Peacock wreck after some beach dives) so I'm looking for some suggestions. I won't have a buddy and figure the options will be a cattle boat of some type. Looking for recommendations on locations and boats.

Thanks for your help!

You might want to check out boats from Long Beach and San Pedro, or head south to San Diego. Take a look on www.californiadiveboats.com -- most have links to websites with schedules.

Of course, you could also go over to Catalina and dive the U/W park in Avalon. Your husband could go with you and do the tourish thing. See www.catalinaexpress.com for ferry schedules from Dana Point -- I think there is another boat from Newport Beach as well.

And Long Beach has a cool Ports o call there. Easy drive from Irvine. Closer than Pedro and nicer. I'd scoot ya around in my Zod but its kinda cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom