Is anyone diving a Meg with a Zeagle Ranger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sean326

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just took delivery of my brand new Meg, I would love to dive it with my trusty, comfortable old Zeagle Ranger LTD.

I only played with it for a few minutes befor dinner but it seemed to have some configuration issues. Do I have to use a BP&W or can i use my Zeagle.

I asked Steve at Meg and he said that there may be some problems with the shoulder straps etc... and he couldn't think of anyone who dove that exact setup. I've been a double 120's northeast diver for years. Over the years I have tried a BP&W several times but always come back to my Zeagle Ranger LTD. For me It is so much more comfortable than a BP&W even with doubles and deco tanks that i never use anything else.

I'd hate to give it up.

You may want to ask this over on rebreather world, many more RB users there.
Rebreatherworld.com

Sean326:
I just took delivery of my brand new Meg, I would love to dive it with my trusty, comfortable old Zeagle Ranger LTD.

I only played with it for a few minutes befor dinner but it seemed to have some configuration issues. Do I have to use a BP&W or can i use my Zeagle.

I asked Steve at Meg and he said that there may be some problems with the shoulder straps etc... and he couldn't think of anyone who dove that exact setup. I've been a double 120's northeast diver for years. Over the years I have tried a BP&W several times but always come back to my Zeagle Ranger LTD. For me It is so much more comfortable than a BP&W even with doubles and deco tanks that i never use anything else.

I'd hate to give it up.

It's quite possible you may be the only one that has a desire to dive the Meg with a Zeagle Ranger. However, I think it's possible. You will just need to remove the STA if it is already on the gas plenum ("the can"). Then, slip the gas plenum through the Ranger's cam straps and cinch down. There may be issues to deal with on where you place the cylinder brackets due to cam strap placement on the Ranger.

Have you thought about how/where you will place your OC bailout?

Take some pics and post them when you're done.

Sean326:
I just took delivery of my brand new Meg, ....
:bounce: what ya get, what ya get?? meg eccr or copis? and what sort of scrubber??

PacketSniffer:
......Take some pics and post them when you're done.
as PS said

hubby was thinking of keeping his zealge but after his meg trydive last week he said he will just order bpw & new wing

cheers

PacketSniffer:
It's quite possible you may be the only one that has a desire to dive the Meg with a Zeagle Ranger. However, I think it's possible. You will just need to remove the STA if it is already on the gas plenum ("the can"). Then, slip the gas plenum through the Ranger's cam straps and cinch down. There may be issues to deal with on where you place the cylinder brackets due to cam strap placement on the Ranger.

Have you thought about how/where you will place your OC bailout?

Take some pics and post them when you're done.

The ranger ltd can be set up with either a cam strap for singles or a backplate for doubles. Except for in the pool with students i always dive it with a BP and doubles bolted to it, it's got grommets on the back between the wings.

So i bolted the Meg to my BP and ranger but it rode real low and the hoses to the counterlungs were stretched. also the counterlungs did not fit well on the thicker shoulder straps. Those are the real problems... Bail out is easy as the ranger has lots of well placed d-rings, i dive with deco bottles all the time so bail out bottles should about the same.

I've been playing with this for a while now, and i still cant get it to sit right i may have break down and move to a BP&W setup.

almitywife:
:bounce: what ya get, what ya get?? meg eccr or copis? and what sort of scrubber??

as PS said

hubby was thinking of keeping his zealge but after his meg trydive last week he said he will just order bpw & new wing

cheers

I did like the idea of the COPIS, i was actually torn between a KISS or Meg. But i decided i diddn't want the first model year of anything, let alone a rebreather. As for the scrubber i just got the standard one that comes with it. There are a million upgrades that i've got my eye on but i figured i would dive it "out of the box" for a while to get used to it and see what i really want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom