Using drysuit and BP/W concern?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of going to a Zeagle BP/W in the near future. I've been looking at the Zeagle BP/W system and notice the wing nuts and bolts from the single tank adapter(STA) protrude somewhat in the backplate next to the diver and was wonder if it might tear or puncture my Seaskin Nova drysuit or does the indentation in the backplate itself and most backplates cause enough recess to prevent this from happening?

I usually have been diving my Zeagle Ranger back inflation LTD with my drysuit.

Thanks!

If you're concerned then you can go with a system that doesn't require a bolted single tank adapter, but those bolts and wing nuts are standard on all doubles and are recessed in the channel of the backplate itself.
Unless you have a particular reason to get Zeagle if it's part of a uniform, you would be hard pressed to beat this deal from @DiveGearExpress which has a design that doesn't require a bolted single tank adapter as well.

The wing nuts are of no concern, the Zeagle kit is nice but the DGX is $100 less, hard to beat and the wing may be better.

Just be careful not to get them too long if you ever have to replace them.

Just be careful not to get them too long if you ever have to replace them.

^^^ this

The wing nuts and bolts should be in the groove and not touching your wetsuit or drysuit.

Wing nuts are no concern. I love my Zeagle BPW. I don’t use the STA any more as I don’t like the tank being that much further. I use the OMS soft stabilizer.
1695590126432.png

I'm not familiar with the system, so not sure if this applies, but my doubles setup also comes with wingnuts and I had the same concern. So I replaced them with these, which are smooth and easier to manipulate.

Thanks for the input everyone. Really appreciate it!
I think now I'm leaning more toward the DGX Custom Package which doesn't need a STA. ands keeps the tank closer to the backplate. I will probably get the 20lb. DR weight system since when I dive during the colder months with my drysuit, with my 95cu. ft. steel tank and medium weight undergarment.
And maybe add an aluminum BP for the warmer months and less weight required.

Looks like Dive Gear Express knows their stuff!

Back
Top Bottom