Question First drysuit Seaskin Nova comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fanling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,
I have been reading a lot about Seaskin Nova. Would like your comments before I enter my final order. I have highlighted some questions in **. Thanks a lot!

1. Fully Telescopic Torso
2. Main body dry zip cover
3. YKK Plastic dry zip
4. Sitech trigon pee valve
5. Pee valve host tidy
6. Sitech quick neck system
7. warm neck simple
8. Sitech oval cuff rings
9. Sitech valve system with hose
10. Drysuit tech boot
11. Protection options (Kevlar Knee pad (de-text), crutch, back pad, shoulder) ** I dive double bp/w. Do you suggest to add these areas? Kevlar Knee I'm sure i will go for it.) **
12. Increase brace to 40mm
13. Name badge
14. No logo on suit ** I personally dun like the big logo on the chest. Is it possible just to de-logo that? **
15. Change mat drysuit bag upgrade
16. Expedition pockets L and R
17. Undersuit 150 ** I dive in Asia areas where lowest water temp could be 13-15C/55-59F. Do you think 150 is enough? Will 250 a bit overkill add bulk and buoyancy? **
18. Seaskin tech base legs and top
19. ** How long does it take now to complete and ship? **
20. ** Btw, my country does not have import tax. Should put in 1 order to save shipping cost? **

Cheers,
Fan

In 13 degrees a 150 would not cut it at all for me. That's cold water, the suit itself offers little to no thermal protection.

Im skinny though and do feel the cold. YMMV.
thank you for your input :)

In those temps i wear a 150 plus 3 merino base layers top and bottom and I'm still chilly after about 20 mins, getting cold after 40, had enough by 60mins. I also wear a 10mm hood and dry gloves.

I would eliminate #5, change #10 to neoprene socks, none of the reinforcement are necessary as they explain, standard braces are fine, ive never noticed a logo on the chest so if they have it (I’ll go look at mine shortly) it’s not something I’ve noticed, mine are on the arm.

i can’t speak to the undergarments because I don’t use those type.

Hi Guys,
I have been reading a lot about Seaskin Nova.

19. ** How long does it take now to complete and ship? **

Cheers,
Fan

Apparently have not read enough🤣. Ships in 2-3 months.

Also, no matter what you get (all looks good) you'll change something or wish you had done something different. But the suit will still dive dry and you'll mostly be very satisfied. Good luck!

Everything looks good. Only changes I'd make are:
Neo socks, attached boots have better potential to make floaty feet.
40mm braces are nice
Back and knee reinforcements, crotch can cause leaks.
Kubi rings (stfu rob 😚)
Custom colors and have fun with it. Black on black is sooooo boring.

Everything looks good. Only changes I'd make are:
Neo socks, attached boots have better potential to make floaty feet.
40mm braces are nice
Back and knee reinforcements, crotch can cause leaks.
Kubi rings might pop off. Drink the Kool-Aid and get the versatile Rolock 90's! (you're awesome rob 😚).
Custom colors and have fun with it. Black on black is sooooo boring.
Fixed it for ya! Lol

In 16c water, I dive a 300g undergarment for dives up to 40 minutes. Beyond that I'm adding a polyfill jacket and maybe more... I think most undergarments for scuba are way overrated and overpriced. Find some fleece or wool pajamas or underwater and save yourself a few hundred dollars.

Follow up, there is a large logo on the front, truly never noticed it before, I don’t care one way or the other but would not pay extra to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom