Question First drysuit Seaskin Nova comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rob.mwpropane how brilliant is this?

Screenshot_20231023_191549_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Rolock 90 for the win to intergrate with the Si-Tech QCS oval cuff rings

Be sure to purchase a couple extra sets of the Si-Tech silicone wrist seals and a couple of Si-Tech silicone neck seals...the price coming SeaSkin is too good to pass up the opportunity to stock up on these critical spares (1 set of each should be in your save-a-dive kit), if you don't purchase them, you will kick yourself later on when you need them.

Attached boots are easier for donning the suit, but can be a pain if/when the boots wear out, and make it a bit more challenging when cleaning/drying the inside of the suit....with neoprene/fabric feet the suit can be more easily turned inside-out for such purposes. Rock boots give one the ability to explore options....I would really only recommend attached boots if you have really wide or really long feet as those issues could make finding a rock boot that fits over the neoprene feet a challenge.

Be advised that you might need larger fins regardless of whether you choose attached boots or neoprene feet+rock boots.

As others have mentioned, many folks have found the reinforecments to be unnecessary and some have found them to be problematic...I would recommend skipping these.

Call me a ludite, but I still prefer a brass zipper to the plastic ones.

There has been discussion in the past about the "warm neck" options....some recommend against the warm neck as they don't provide much thermal protection and get in the way of dealing with neck seal issues...given you are going with the Si-Tech Quick neck you won't have these issues unless your neck ring ever needs to be reglued.

Perhaps others can chime in whether SeaSkin include the Si-Tech tool with the neck seal system, or perhaps a quick email/phone call to SeaSkin to verify, otherwise this is good to have on hand when the time comes to change a seal, particularly a neck seal:

1698121025478.png

-Z

Rolock 90 for the win to intergrate with the Si-Tech QCS oval cuff rings

Be sure to purchase a couple extra sets of the Si-Tech silicone wrist seals and a couple of Si-Tech silicone neck seals...the price coming SeaSkin is too good to pass up the opportunity to stock up on these critical spares (1 set of each should be in your save-a-dive kit), if you don't purchase them, you will kick yourself later on when you need them.

Attached boots are easier for donning the suit, but can be a pain if/when the boots wear out, and make it a bit more challenging when cleaning/drying the inside of the suit....with neoprene/fabric feet the suit can be more easily turned inside-out for such purposes. Rock boots give one the ability to explore options....I would really only recommend attached boots if you have really wide or really long feet as those issues could make finding a rock boot that fits over the neoprene feet a challenge.

Be advised that you might need larger fins regardless of whether you choose attached boots or neoprene feet+rock boots.

As others have mentioned, many folks have found the reinforecments to be unnecessary and some have found them to be problematic...I would recommend skipping these.

Call me a ludite, but I still prefer a brass zipper to the plastic ones.

There has been discussion in the past about the "warm neck" options....some recommend against the warm neck as they don't provide much thermal protection and get in the way of dealing with neck seal issues...given you are going with the Si-Tech Quick neck you won't have these issues unless your neck ring ever needs to be reglued.

Perhaps others can chime in whether SeaSkin include the Si-Tech tool with the neck seal system, or perhaps a quick email/phone call to SeaSkin to verify, otherwise this is good to have on hand when the time comes to change a seal, particularly a neck seal:

View attachment 807177

-Z

The tool is supplied by Si-Tech when you purchase neck ring system so I'd expect Seaskin to forward tool with suit. O'Three did for me as did DRIS.

😳😂🤣

I get one season out of them, about 7 months, before they develop hair line tears, which although doesn't cause them to flood I do start getting some water enter. I change O rings every year.

Maybe that's acceptable, I don't know.

If the O rings were cheaper and easier to get maybe I wouldn't be so bothered.

Can't you just match them up to genericcheap o rings?

I have 2 years on my Ultimas and almost a year on my Rolock.. no issues so far.

Lol...I love when a company comes out with a "limited edition" to boost sales. If it was so great, why do you need that🤷‍♂️

The way I see it, there's only one option for you and me to settle it.. a televised underwater knife fight to see who can pop who's gloves off 1st🤣🤣🤣

Can't you just match them up to genericcheap o rings?

I have 2 years on my Ultimas and almost a year on my Rolock.. no issues so far.

Lol...I love when a company comes out with a "limited edition" to boost sales. If it was so great, why do you need that🤷‍♂️

The way I see it, there's only one option for you and me to settle it.. a televised underwater knife fight to see who can pop who's gloves off 1st🤣🤣🤣

Probably, if I lived in a first world country but I live in regional WA 🤦‍♂️😂

Probably, if I lived in a first world country but I live in regional WA 🤦‍♂️😂
Idk man... I'm pretty sure they ship o rings all over the world for pretty cheap!

Has no one matched up o rings for the Kubis?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom