Question First drysuit Seaskin Nova comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got mine with zero logos, just my name. I've never been a fan of paying anyone to rock their logo (Nike, Reebok, etc). More of a jeans and t shirt kind of guy.

I have a had a few people on the boat ask me about it, so that's been a nice conversation starter.

My buddy has his last name, in hindsight I think I might have done that. I got my 1st (which is fine too).

5. Pee valve host tidy
8. Sitech oval cuff rings
10. Drysuit tech boot
11. Protection options (Kevlar Knee pad (de-text), crutch, back pad, shoulder) ** I dive double bp/w. Do you suggest to add these areas? Kevlar Knee I'm sure i will go for it.) **
12. Increase brace to 40mm
15. Change mat drysuit bag upgrade
Pretty much everything that Boarderguy wrote, with two exceptions: #8 and 11.

Re: #8: I'm not huge on Kubi rings; I don't groove on the idea of metal rings, and I prefer using drygloves that mate with the plastic Si-Tech oval cuffs. That's a personal preference, though, and YMMV.

Re: #11: The backpad isn't vital; I've used a BPW and backpad-less Seaskin for a few years, and I didn't miss it.

Other stuff... #5: I consider the pee valve tidy to be unnecessary; I hang up my suit by the feet to dry/for storage, and I let the hose hang free to drip-dry, and I find it's a trivial task to stash the hose on the rare occasion that I don't connect the p-valve. But if the tidy makes you happy, then get it.

#15: Will you consistently use the bag to transport your suit? If so, then great, get the upgraded bag. If not, then get a cheap roll-up mat instead and save some money.

#4 will start a war here
#5 not really important, but it does help when not connected so you don't have to hunt the hose while jumping on one leg putting the other through
#11 IMO, only shoulder besides knee Kevlar may be needed. Unless you are doing ton of DPV, crotch is not needed (and one guy reported its edges cutting through dry suit itself). I am using back plate cover, but it's more as a insurance from bolts puncture (had that once), back protection won't help much against that.
#14 went without logo, but seeing how nice it looks on the hood in person, I wish I went with

Love my Kubis. Coming on 10 years IIRC, two leaks, fishing line cut gloves.

My only complaint is glove sealing O rings do not last very long and getting those O rings is expensive.

Love my Kubis. Coming on 10 years IIRC, two leaks, fishing line cut gloves.

My only complaint is glove sealing O rings do not last very long and getting those O rings is expensive.
How long is "not very long"?

How long is "not very long"?

I get one season out of them, about 7 months, before they develop hair line tears, which although doesn't cause them to flood I do start getting some water enter. I change O rings every year.

Maybe that's acceptable, I don't know.

If the O rings were cheaper and easier to get maybe I wouldn't be so bothered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom