Is Athens Scuba Park still in business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A friend is flying down from New York and wants to see some of the stuff sunk at Athens. I've been looking at their web site and it sez they're not open YET for the 2009 season. Anybody know what's going on?

I was in Athens over the weekend and went by the park. The park is currently closed due to visibility (they say rain water), but to watch the their website and that they will post when the park is ready for business.

Brent

wait, they closed down Athens because of the visibility? When i was last there the vis was like a foot and they didn't care!

...it has been a number of years since I was desperate enough to go to Athens.....I've seen bathtubs that are deeper than Athens, and fog banks with better viz, and more life in Hiroshima circa 1945 !

As I recall they have been trying for years to sell the place so if you have ever wanted your own dive location, now may be the time to make an offer.....

Back
Top Bottom