Is Athens Scuba Park still in business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be nice to have....problem is the only real way to fix it is to drain it, clean it out, put in a rocky bottom, let if refill and plant hydrilla....once it's recovered, stock it. Doing all that would easily be 2x the $$ paid to acquire the place.

There's a quarry in Gasden AL that has been for sale for several years for $910,000 (I think that's the price). people aren't busting ass to buy that place either.

(I think they might have recently lowered it to the $600k range, but not sure. people are still not busting ass to buy it).

It looked pretty funky, almost a nuclear blue, lol.... Just letting everyone know what they told me last weekend. I will stick with Clear Springs :)

Brent

As I recall they have been trying for years to sell the place so if you have ever wanted your own dive location, now may be the time to make an offer.....

My very own scuba park, now that's tempting :)

It would be nice to have....problem is the only real way to fix it is to drain it, clean it out, put in a rocky bottom, let if refill and plant hydrilla....once it's recovered, stock it. Doing all that would easily be 2x the $$ paid to acquire the place.

Joe-Diver--

While it's drained, I'd make it deeper, too. You barely get wet in 27-28 feet.

27-28 feet? Were you using a shovel to get those depths, cruiser? I barely got 20 and i had to stick my gauge in the mud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom