Is Athens Scuba Park still in business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

27-28 feet? Were you using a shovel to get those depths, Cruiser? I barely got 20, and i had to stick my gauge in the mud!

Joe-Diver--

While it's drained, I'd make it deeper, too. You barely get wet in 27-28 feet.

Yep...dig it out, clean it out, put in lots of rocks, plant hydrilla, stock it with fish....lot of work and $$$ to fix that place up right....not to mention placing new platforms, covered pavillions.....it would be difficult if not impossible to recover the investment.

27-28 feet? Were you using a shovel to get those depths, cruiser? I barely got 20 and i had to stick my gauge in the mud.

I just checked my log book and last time I was there (over 2 years ago) I got 20 feet max. Sheesh, thought it was deeper than that. No wonder the water was hot.

Yup, definitely dig it deeper.

Yep...dig it out, clean it out, put in lots of rocks, plant hydrilla, stock it with fish....lot of work and $$$ to fix that place up right....not to mention placing new platforms, covered pavillions.....it would be difficult if not impossible to recover the investment.

It would be a big cash layout for an individual, and difficult to get investors in this financial market.

By clean it out, do you mean remove all the stuff that's sunk there?

It would be a big cash layout for an individual, and difficult to get investors in this financial market.

By clean it out, do you mean remove all the stuff that's sunk there?

Yeah...get rid of the trashy older degraded stuff, but keep the large nice things like the jets, houseboat, cave tubes, bus....bring in some new things and platforms.

dump in a couple hundred pounds of alum and let it settle....:D
Tony, I think your sarcastic humor may have been just a tad too subtle.

Well, I smell bull****. I don't buy that the park is closed due to visibility. It's never been perfect. For God's sake we all know that vis in Texas is a crapshoot at best. I think poor attendance, and very possibly something wrong with the water. I went to Blue Lagoon for years and towards the end I had some serious issues with the water. I literally stopped at every bathroom going back home on more than one ocassion. I still think it was cryptosporidiosis. Blue Lagoon and Athens, havea very similiar makeup.

Well Debraw,

I would have to agree with you, just reporting what I was told....I don't bull%*&@, bottom line is that it sucks now for sure. I think there is more there than meets the eye.

Tony, I think your sarcastic humor may have been just a tad too subtle.

I'm loving it, too, zzz! :popcorn:

I went to Athens once. After being nickled and dimed to death at the pay station, the guy smiled and waved and both me (blonde) and my blonde daughter as we went to a certain doom of emerald green hair upon ascent from the alkaseltzer viz... Pretty telling when the guy is waiting by the shower door (really nice showers tho!) with a cup of green-removing shampoo, without being asked, at the end of the day... needless to say, I will not return to ASP. :lotsalove:

And everyone knows that there are fewer fates worse than hearing these dreadful words, "Your hair is flippin' green, too!!!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom