Is Dive Paradise truly as bad as the reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newby - I just went and read the reviews you speak of. Although they APPEAR to be from different sources - I still smell something fishy! Several of the reviews make the EXACT same claims - really honestly appears to be a disgruntled person having his friends write reviews - I dunno - somethng just doesn't pass the smell test with me.

Also, I have to disagree with you about relying so heavily on Trip Advisor reviews - ESPECIALLY for dive shops. It can be very misleading - for example there dive ops in the top ten that only have 10 reviews and who don't even own a boat! Dive ops claiminmg to be in business much longer than they have - and those with 100's of reviews during their very short existence is a strong indicator that reviews are solicited and shilled. Same goes for restaurants. Restaurants that are total tourist traps that are in the top ten, etc. Trip Advisor is a good source, but should not be weighted as heavily as you seem to be weighting it. Trip Advisor is a numbers game with ratings based on formulas that really don't make true sense in the real grand scheme! It should merely be placed in the mix!

You are being overly cautious. While DP may not be everyone's cup of tea, they are a solid and reputable shop!

Well said. Just keep your eye open, fins moving and don't hold your breath and you will have a good time. :)

Ask to dive with Giovanni at DP. I had the pleasure of diving with him over several years when he was at Papa Hogs and he is now working for DP. Fantastic DM who is very attentive, safe and will make sure you have a good time.

I just took a look at some of the highest rated dive ops on Trip Advisor and never heard of two of the top rated ops. I have been diving in Cozumel the last 10 years 2-3 times a year and thought I knew the names of at least the well known companies! It's not where I would go for dive information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom