Is early January the right season?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ange2014

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi there -

My buddy and I are planning to go to either Cozumel or Cancun the first 2 weeks of January. We will unfortunately miss the whale shark season (argh!). Will we be too early for the sailfish run?

We are beginner-intermediate divers and usually dive in the Red Sea. Any other creatures in that part of Mexico that aren't usually seen in the Red Sea?

We are also very much used to diving in 29 deg C waters. Is the water going to be cold in Cozumel/Cancun in early January? Thank you in advance for your response.

Cheers,
Ange

I have been there in January. Water temp about 26 deg C. I don't think it ever gets much above 27 deg C.

I recommend a small dive company on Isla-Mujeres off Cancun www.casadelbuceo.com we have had great luck them. Good equipment , great service, really professional and fun people especially with beginner-intermediate divers. We go back to them each year.

Hyrum

Hi there -

My buddy and I are planning to go to either Cozumel or Cancun the first 2 weeks of January. We will unfortunately miss the whale shark season (argh!). Will we be too early for the sailfish run?

We are beginner-intermediate divers and usually dive in the Red Sea. Any other creatures in that part of Mexico that aren't usually seen in the Red Sea?

We are also very much used to diving in 29 deg C waters. Is the water going to be cold in Cozumel/Cancun in early January? Thank you in advance for your response.

Cheers,
Ange

Water will be colder than normal but still warm compared to many other places, you should be there just right for sail fish season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom