Is Easter week a good/bad time to go to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I almost bought airfare tickets to Cozumel and then realized the week I chose included Easter weekend - April 20 - 27, 2019. Can people tell me if there's any reason why I shouldn't go this week? Crowds? Are restaurants or diving affected?

When I went last time, I did notice that the DMs were not as attentive and mistakes were made over the Christmas holidays, which I understood as everyone being in holiday/Christmas mode (e.g., their minds were somewhere else). I get it.

I almost bought airfare tickets to Cozumel and then realized the week I chose was Easter weekend - April 20 - 27, 2019. Can people tell me if there's any reason why I shouldn't go this week? Crowds? Are restaurants or diving affected?

When I went last time, I did notice that the DMs were not as attentive and mistakes were made over the Christmas holidays, which I understood as everyone being in holiday/Christmas mode (e.g., their minds were somewhere else). I get it.

I cannot answer for Easter, but having gone more than once over Christmas- if these were mistakes that actually mattered, I'd suggest a different op. The season has never affected the attention and service we received on our trips. Just the kids singing caroles asking for money at dinner time...

Only issue to consider, in my opinion, is availability of accommodations where you prefer to stay. It can be a busy travel time with many Mexican nationals from the mainland coming over to vacation. I was there last April and we had outstanding weather and dive conditions.

Thank you for your replies, @Skittl1321 and @Trailboss123 .

The mistakes were on land mistakes, forgotten gear, not enough Nitrox tanks, etc.They were fixed quickly and no harm done. Just a few eyerolls from the customers (not me).

Easter is great
Except Easter Sunday if you are in a resort. Watch for the procession in the square Good Friday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom