Is Harveys Aquacapsule a good drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tommygun53

Registered
Reaction score
I think I am going to make the switch from wet to dry,I finally found a good deal on a drysuit that fits me.It belongs to a friend of mine.It is a 7mm neoprene Harveys Aquacapsule. Does anyone have any comments on this suit?Will I be too hot in it?It has neoprene seals which seem to fit pretty good.It only has a few dives on it and its in good shape visually. But I dont want to dive it until I take the drysuit class.

Tom

Tommygun53 once bubbled...
I think I am going to make the switch from wet to dry,I finally found a good deal on a drysuit that fits me.It belongs to a friend of mine.It is a 7mm neoprene Harveys Aquacapsule. Does anyone have any comments on this suit?Will I be too hot in it?It has neoprene seals which seem to fit pretty good.It only has a few dives on it and its in good shape visually. But I dont want to dive it until I take the drysuit class.

Tom

Well, I'm not the most informed source, as it's the only drysuit I've ever used, but I have one and I like it. People seem to be pretty down on neoprene drysuits because of the weight issue, but just 20 lbs does it for me. It's never leaked, and I've done lots of diving in ~ 32 degree water without getting cold.

My .02.

Well thats all I needed to hear,I got to try it on before I bought it and it fit me well. So far no leaks.Do you find that you need any
undergarments when you venture into deeper water?So far Ive only been to 30 ft in it but I was HOT and wanted colder water.I think itl be a great suit...Thanks for the info

Tom

a cure for a hangover from drinking too many Harvey Wallbangers.

Best semi-dry suit I ever owned. I still got mine I let ppl borrowit. It looks bad,faded ,patched, outside fabric is delamating but it also got me over 400 dives. But it has always leaked a little here and there and its constent upkeep on the seems. I will say that it was more conferrable than any other suit I have worn.

I always wear a diveskin and usually socks. If it's cold water I'll add long underwear and some wool socks.

Hope it works out for you!

Tommygun53 once bubbled...
Well thats all I needed to hear,I got to try it on before I bought it and it fit me well. So far no leaks.Do you find that you need any
undergarments when you venture into deeper water?So far Ive only been to 30 ft in it but I was HOT and wanted colder water.I think itl be a great suit...Thanks for the info

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom