Is horizontal position really better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luckily, being flat in the water is more comfortable than laying flat on a pool deck.

So is sitting in the water. This from the DAN FB page. Nice way to sit and watch Tuna go by.

SITTING TRIM.jpg

Unless he's kicking up silt. I connect this position with constant finning. Which means more air wasted.

Yes, he's bicycling at 45° angle. More drag too.

"Best", "Better" etc etc.
It does make some people feeling "better"!
Just go diving and avoid kick up silt, knocking off coral, diver's mask etc etc.
Be considerate to the environment.

If divers in general were more in a horizontal trim, all of that would happen less.
I have been kicked on couple of occasions by divers "frog kick". They were too pre-occupied with the camera/video.
There are many divers believing they are 'better' because of some trivial techniques. Nothing to write home.

Considerate is the word.

Unless he's kicking up silt. I connect this position with constant finning. Which means more air wasted.

Do you see any silt being kicked up in that photo? Constant finning is good for the leg muscles. Free exercise.
Wasted air not a problem as long as you finish the dive without being OOA lol

Do you see any silt being kicked up in that photo? Constant finning is good for the leg muscles. Free exercise.
Wasted air not a problem as long as you finish the dive without being OOA lol
Getting our exercise underwater by inefficient technique and burning through gas is not *usually* the goal in diving. If you're kicking like that in a cavern for a lit up picture, you're likely kicking like that over a silty bottom.

Though I do note your LOL. It is very possible you are being ironic about their form and effort. Finishing the dive without going OOA is fine, though that being only half as long as it might otherwise be could suck, for (generic) you and others. As would kicking up the silt for all those behind you, in the non cavern scenario.

Yes, he's bicycling at 45° angle. More drag too.
Are we looking at the same still picture in post #165? I see a diver who is possibly motionless, hanging in the water. I see nothing to make me think he is bicycling, nor is he at a 45deg angle.
??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom