Is it possible to dive a Suunto D6 with a low battery warning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antarctic-Adventurer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going diving next weekend for 2 dives and just realised that my Suunto D6 has a low battery warning. It seems to let me go into dive mode, but I am wondering if it is actually possible to use it on a dive even with low battery... Any ideas? :confused:

Note that it does NOT say "Replace Battery" yet, just "low battery". I should be able to replace it after the two dives anyway just there is no time beforehand.

Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with this who owns a D4, D6 or D9 which are all essentially the same anyway...

Cheers. :cool2:

Going diving next weekend for 2 dives and just realised that my Suunto D6 has a low battery warning. It seems to let me go into dive mode, but I am wondering if it is actually possible to use it on a dive even with low battery... Any ideas? :confused:

Note that it does NOT say "Replace Battery" yet, just "low battery". I should be able to replace it after the two dives anyway just there is no time beforehand.

Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with this who owns a D4, D6 or D9 which are all essentially the same anyway...

Cheers. :cool2:

I had a battery warning on my D9 a while back. Thankfully I use backup gauges, but it wouldn't even visibly go into dive mode. I say visibly, because it actually recorded the profile data, just didn't display anything - it sat on the time screen the whole dive.

Unfortunately I can't actually remember if it was low or replace - but it wouldn't enter dive mode, if that helps. I couldn't pair the transmitter because of that either.

*UPDATE* So I dived twice at the weekend with my D6 and YES, one can dive as per usual with the "low battery" warning displayed. I changed the sample rate to 60 secs to drain the battery less but everything worked as normal.

It would seem that perhaps only when "replace battery" is displayed that one cannot dive with it... perhaps that is what your D9 said t0w...

*UPDATE* So I dived twice at the weekend with my D6 and YES, one can dive as per usual with the "low battery" warning displayed. I changed the sample rate to 60 secs to drain the battery less but everything worked as normal.

It would seem that perhaps only when "replace battery" is displayed that one cannot dive with it... perhaps that is what your D9 said t0w...

Yeah must have been - all I remember was thinking that it could have had the decency to tell me a week or two before the trip so I could get it changed :)

Glad to hear it worked, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom