Is it wet yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Well, for those who have been waiting for wetsuit weather to arrive, it's here....kinda.

This past weekend was my first "wet" outing this year. In the shallows, it was quite tolerable at 22C.

However, at depth, there was some chilling going on. Dropped down as low as 15C at 30 meters.

How are the temps for you folks in other parts of Japan....

I don't know - I'm going to Sasebo this weekend typhoon permitting. If the weather is OK we'll be camping and I'll dive a couple of days. Temp should be OK in a 5mm I hope.

You should come back to the PI with me Jim... :D

Kim:
I don't know - I'm going to Sasebo this weekend typhoon permitting. If the weather is OK we'll be camping and I'll dive a couple of days. Temp should be OK in a 5mm I hope.
Have a good dive outing...I didn't know a typhoon was on the way...

Diver Dennis:
You should come back to the PI with me Jim... :D
Gosh, Dennis...you are the man of leisure...

Next time I will be back to PI is next spring I hope. Same time as last year. Hope to have a bigger shop trip this year. Looks like we might have a fair number of folks coming along...

jagfish:
Have a good dive outing...I didn't know a typhoon was on the way...
2nd one this week. The first one went over Okinawa on Sunday but produced 5/6 meter waves around Nagasaki/Sasebo (No 3) This is No 4 and is supposed to cross Taiwan tonight or tomorrow heading north to China. We'll still get some edge effects from it around Nagasaki...I'm just hoping it's all cleared up by the weekend although right now there's a 50/60% chance of rain all three days.

Fukui was 22C at 8m at the end of last month. 5mm farmer john was fine for me. I'm sure it got colder deeper down though...

Kim:
2nd one this week. The first one went over Okinawa on Sunday but produced 5/6 meter waves around Nagasaki/Sasebo (No 3) This is No 4 and is supposed to cross Taiwan tonight or tomorrow heading north to China. We'll still get some edge effects from it around Nagasaki...I'm just hoping it's all cleared up by the weekend although right now there's a 50/60% chance of rain all three days.
I hope so, too. I'll have some newish divers at IOP, whose entry is real sensitive to wind and chop. Gets hairy rather easily.

jagfish:
I hope so, too. I'll have some newish divers at IOP, whose entry is real sensitive to wind and chop. Gets hairy rather easily.
I should imagine that Izu should be far enough away. Still - it's always a bit of a gamble.

Been dodging typhoons down here for the past couple days but have got dives in on a few days. Great viz, warm in my rash guard. I would say about 28 or so have to check the computer to be sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom