Is Sonora Grill Still Closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When in Cozumel last month, we stopped by Sonora Grill for dinner and they were closed. There was a sign on the front of the building saying they were closed for remodeling. Does anyone know if they have reopened or if this is permanent?

Thanks,

PH

They were still closed when I was there a couple of weeks ago.They haven't really been very busy in the past few years,I think the last few times we ate there we were the only table in the place.I always really enjoyed there grilled octopus with garlic butter.They were located a little to far off the beaten path,over the last few years you never even see the cruise ship people go past 5th street.Years ago I remember people walking all around 10th and 15th street during the day when the ships were in port.I hope the place has not closed for good as I always ate there at least once a trip.

I hope not, its on my list of favorites. Senora shrimp is awesome
It's not on the menu, but you can order Octopus Sonora as well. I sure hope it's not gone.

They were still closed when I was there a couple of weeks ago.They haven't really been very busy in the past few years,I think the last few times we ate there we were the only table in the place.I always really enjoyed there grilled octopus with garlic butter.They were located a little to far off the beaten path,over the last few years you never even see the cruise ship people go past 5th street.Years ago I remember people walking all around 10th and 15th street during the day when the ships were in port.I hope the place has not closed for good as I always ate there at least once a trip.

I know what you mean. When we have gone for lunch, often we were the only table. At dinner, we might see three or four other tables, but no more than that.

I really enjoyed the corner tables and liked watching the local trafic go by. On a good day you could watch the music shop owner across the street tune his harp on the sidewalk.

Hope they come back....

PH

I know what you mean. When we have gone for lunch, often we were the only table. At dinner, we might see three or four other tables, but no more than that.

I really enjoyed the corner tables and liked watching the local trafic go by. On a good day you could watch the music shop owner across the street tune his harp on the sidewalk.

Hope they come back....

PH
I have seen the same thing, but we always go to Cozumel in the off season and being at the only occupied table at a restaurant is not that uncommon. I have seen some of my faves go away, though (Santiago's and Capi Navegante, for instance); I hope Sonora Grill is not another casualty.

I will check it out! It seems like they were open when I drove by last week - but I do remember seeing them closed in September, I assumed it was for vacation.

Back
Top Bottom