Is south/east Mexico worth diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Lorenzoid 20 years ago I did a backpacking trip down thru the Yucatan then into Belize out to Caye Caulker then a trip to Tikal. I still had time left and decided to go to Utilla and get certified, it was difficult to get from Belize to Honduras by land so I bit the bullet and got out the credit card and booked a flight to Honduras, starting out my diving travels to many wonderful destinations.
Ha. Sounds like we were traipsing around the same part of the world at about the same time. I did the Rescue course on Utila, as an acquaintance of mine who had ditched the corporate world for dive instructing urged me to come on over when I emailed to say I was in the region. As for Belize-to-Honduras by land, I can't blame you for booking a flight. I took the Utila ferry back and forth to the mainland (La Ceiba?) several times. I had the money to fly; I was just trying to achieve for my mid-life crisis adventure the penniless backpacker lifestyle I didn't allow myself when I was in my 20s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom