Is the Aeris EPIC right for my daughter and me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fiji4118

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

New to the forum and i have not had a chance to dive since the year I was certified (2003). My a lot has changed! My daughter is going through open water certification and I was looking into getting computers for both of us. We will be vacation divers for the most part and she will hold a junior certification for a few years that will limit our depth. I thought it would be nice to have hoseless AI on these so that I could monitor her air (I realize there is a very limited distance for the transmitters and I could probably just as easily look while I was next to her!). I came across the Aeris Epic new online for less that $400 with a transmitter. Seems like a pretty good deal for a computer with AI. The reviews I have been able to find are favorable but it is an older model. Pro/cons for this computer? Better plan than the one I have?

Thanks!
[h=1][/h]

That seems like a pretty epic deal to me.

Seriously though, the transmitters alone retail for $400. I believe all of the Aeris and Oceanic computers use the same transmitter, so if you need a more capable computer in the future, you should be able to upgrade without buying a new transmitter.

I got an Aeris Elite T3 recently. I only have about 10 dives on it, but I like it a lot. Looking at the manual for the Epic, they seem quite similar.

Back
Top Bottom