Is the Aqualung LX 70th Anniversary (Blue Face) a LX or a LX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max02

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I see this reg Listed some times as a LX and other Times as an LX Supreme
Are there versions?

Im not sure what the diffrence is between the 2

Both are cold water with the Supreme being Specificaly "Tuned" as the advertisement says ;
while the LX versions are NOT "Tuned"

Have I got this Right??

Thanks for any and all input

I see this reg Listed some times as a LX and other Times as an LX Supreme
Are there versions?

Im not sure what the diffrence is between the 2

Both are cold water with the Supreme being Specificaly "Tuned" as the advertisement says ;
while the LX versions are NOT "Tuned"

Have I got this Right??

Thanks for any and all input
I don't have an old catalog to look at, but more than likely it was available in both a regular and a Supreme version. Supreme is intended for cold water use. Non-Supreme will probably do pretty well also, but there are differences that make the Supreme more appropriate.

Differences between a Legend LX and a Legend LX Supreme:
  • No difference on 1st stage, except intermediate pressure is tuned a bit lower to reduce adiabatic cooling in cold water and prevent freeze up.
  • Slight cosmetic differences on the 2nd stage, including a small snowflake printed on the bottom of the Supreme case.
  • Added lip shield for coldwater on Supreme.
  • Supreme 2nd stage case and exhaust cover have a special coating, I assume to resist formation of ice crystals.
  • Different part number for exhaust valve, I can only speculate on the difference. Coincidentally, I happened to email them with that very question about a half hour ago. I will update if/when the difference is explained.
Update: The Supreme exhaust valve is little thicker. I also forgot to include that Supreme cracking pressures are set a little higher.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom