Is the DSS Thorus 25 Wing actually a horse shoe?!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKP:
Man... considering the passion of these two guys, I think I'll buy *BOTH* the Mach V, *and* the Torus!!!

Can't go wrong...

Well, you won't go wrong with the Mach V and if you need to patch a pin hole, I doubt you will be sending it back.

Best regards,

Patrick
---

OxyCheq
http://oxycheq.com

Originally Posted by Patrick
For the typical diver that goes up and down and does not swim long distances, drag is not an issue. It is an issue for someone swimming 2000+ feet into a cave.

If you dive the typical single cylinder BC vs any wing, you will notice less drag in the water --- due to less drag from the wing and less drag because of improved trim.

cool_hardware52:
Who's taking any single wing into an overhead?

Tobin

Let me make this easy for you.

Anyone diving a single wing that just does mostly a vertical dive and travels little distance will not see a great deal of savings due to low drag.

The example I gave for taking a wing 2000' plus into a cave was obviously using doubles. It is so obvious to me that I forget that I have to explain simple things like this to divers with little experience.

Patrick
---
OxyCheq
http://oxycheq.com

This thread is like watching your wife fight with your mother ... while the nosy neighbor is egging them on.

Good grief ... I own both of your wings, and like them both. For that matter, I like both of you guys as people ... just to talk to in e-mails and phone conversations. But I sure don't like to see either of you engaging in this sort of conversation.

C'mon ... neither one of you is gonna sell an extra wing this way ... give your friends and customers a break and find something more pleasant to talk about ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

SparticleBrane:
Am I the nosy neighbor?! :D
No ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I got my DSS Torus 26 this summer and have dove in warm water with no exposure protection (Provo, T&C) and up here in the cold water (quarry) with a 7 mil and loved it both times. With no suit on I barely ever touched the inflator and both times enjoyed the perfect trim and loved how easy it is to forget your are wearing any rig at all. In water water and no suit I needed two XS-Scuba weight pouches (one on each band) with a couple of pounds of weight in each for ballast.

Here is a picture showing the perfect trim I had...

dsstrim.jpg

And here is an official endorsement from our very own Moonie...

mooniedss.jpg

kallardnyc:
And here is an official endorsement from our very own Moonie...

mooniedss.jpg

I'm not sure that I would ever want to use that bungee again!

Stephen,

Moonie has one of the cleanest backside I have ever seen on any gnome. Have you seen some of the women that had a tongue on it?

kallardnyc:
Stephen,

Moonie has one of the cleanest backside I have ever seen on any gnome. Have you seen some of the women that had a tongue on it?

Whoa! That gave me a bit of a chill!

Back
Top Bottom